Recommendations to the Traveler:
- Always bring clothing for cool weather and rainy days depending on the season. Use comfortable shoes for walking, a hat or cap.
- Samaipata does not have an ATM machine and only El
Pueblito Resort accepts Credit Cards (VISA or Mastercard) for lodgings and/or purchases. Bring cash (Dollars or Bolivianos).
- Crime in Samaipata is very low, almost non existing. However, it is better not to be overconfident.
- The sun in Samaipata is very strong. Bring a good sun block.
- Especially during the summer season, bring a mosquito repellent.
- The road between Santa Cruz and Samaipata is under reconstruction. There are also a lot of animals on the road, please drive carefully.
- During the holidays such as Christmas, New Years, Carnival, Easter weekend and National Holidays there is a very high demand for hotels. Try to make your reservations at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Do not drink water from the faucets.
- Electricity in Samaipata is 220 volts.
- Although cases are very rare, avoid giving money to beggars. We are trying to build an honest community motivated to work and respect for all.
- If you have any specific medical conditions, bring all your medicines.
- If you have young children, make sure you bring all you need for their care.
- During summer, bring your bathing suit. Samaipata and its surroundings have beautiful natural sites to enjoy the water and the sun.